First things to notice when starting rapamycin

Are there typical changes that one would notice after starting rapamycin? If so, how many weeks might someone start noticing these changes?

Some people experience fatigue while others experience more energy.

Some people experience sleep trouble if Rapamycin is taken at noon or later.

Some people get canker sores.

Some people get acne, especially on the neck.

Some people will get rashes on the back of their hands and arms.

Some people experience slow wound healing.

These are common side effects at low dosages.

I have had canker sores, acne, rashes, and fatigue. The fatigue goes away quickly. The others, you may need to take a break from Rapamycin to allow them to heal quickly before taking more Rapamycin.

1 Like

Hi had very high sugar spikes, had to stop taking it

I have moderate- severe psoriasis in my scalp. I have taken injectable medication Skyrizzi in the past which helped clear it up about 90%, but stopped because of side effects. My psoriasis cleared up to almost 100% which was shocking. I’m only on 3mg a week. It has been two weeks. I will see if it continues.

I haven’t had any other side effects.

1 Like

What are the positives changes you notice when you start taking Rapamycin?

Hi! This is Shriya from the Clinical Team. Some positive effects that patients see after starting rapamycin is a reduction in inflammation. This typically results in decreased joint pain. These results can be seen pretty quickly in some patients. Other positive benefits that patients may see include enhanced vitality, physical perfomance, and skin health. These benefits may take longer to be seen and can vary from person to person as each person responds to the medication differently. Hope this information has been helpful.

2 Likes

My hands were in pain every morning, now they are pain free! The first three weeks, I noticed very slight improvements. The 4th week, they are as good as new. I had seen a rheumatologist and a physiatrist over the last year and they said they couldn’t do anything! On week 4, my psoraisis also cleared up. Amazing. Concurrent with these improvements, I’ve slept very hot and am really hungry in the mornings. Is the heat and hunger normal?

2 Likes

Hi- this is Shriya from the Clinical Team. So glad to hear all of the positive effects you have noticed! In terms of temperature control and hunger, while this is not a common side effect of rapamycin, it may be due to the protocols. Rapamycin influences our metabolic health and hunger and temperature control are both linked to our metabolism. Each individual can respond to rapamycin differently. Its important to see whether these effects are short-term or long-term in order to determine whether changes in dosing or cycling may be beneficial.

Interesting!! My son has plaque psoriasis he’s had injections, topicals and nothing works. Are you still doing well?

I’ve been taking it about three weeks. Probably the only thing I noticed is the day I take it; I feel a little tired. Other than that, nothing. I’m getting blood work in a few days, but I have nothing to compare it to. No before data. I guess I’ll see what the results are now and compare it in a few months.

My sleeping heart rate has increased and morning HRV has plummeted. I hope this is temporary.

Hello,
I just received my prescription and will be getting lab work before starting the dosing. I have a concern that I did not hear until I received the prescription about having to avoid prolonged periods of sun exposure. I spend several hours per day working outside and am very concerned about it. Do the benefits really out weigh the possible side effects? Should I take this?

1 Like

Hi. I’m on my 11th week of using oral rapamycin. I am currently spending a month (April) in south Florida and I haven’t noticed any increase in sun sensitivity. Of course, I use sun screen and limit my hours as I’ve always done but I don’t feel the need to limit my time in the sun any more than I used to before rapamycin. Btw, I’m very fair skinned.

Bill

1 Like

Thanks for the reply but I don’t think sun sensitivity is the problem. Rapamycin is know for causing certain cancers, especially skin cancer per the cons of taking it. I would love to try it but that makes it a no go for me.
Other than that, how are you doing on it, any difference that you’ve noticed?

I’m doing fine so far. I haven’t noticed any difference, either pro or con but I really don’t expect to. If a substance slows aging, then you still age. Tomorrow, I’ll still be older than today, just not as old as I would be without rapamycin. My initial Healthspan bloodwork indicated a “cellular age” of 63 even though I am chronologically 74. So I must have been doing the right things through most of my life. My hope with the rapamycin is that, say in two years, my cellular age rises only one year. If that is the case, then I will be delighted with the outcome. So, I believe in the science of rapamycin. I just keep my expectations in check.

2 Likes