Hypermobile joints and Rapamycin

I’ve had hypermobile joints my whole life, it was a bit of a party trick as a teenager! But my dad also has hypermobile joints and has had to have replacement knees and shoulders as he aged. Basically the collagen the we produce is stretchier than normal collagen seemingly due to mutations in the collagen encoding genes and, as I’ve been looking into, it it’s amazing how many physiological differences it explains. From correlations with ADHD and Raynauds to reduced nutrient absorption in the gut. Would be interested if there is any tentative evidence of rapamycin on misshapened collagen production and or degradation (I did notice that topical rapamycin might help clear up misshaped collagen through autophagy, which encouraging). I found this which tangentially refers to Rapamycin as part of the research:

https://www.molbiolcell.org/doi/10.1091/mbc.e08-11-1092

Hi- This is Shriya from the Healthspan Clinical Team! Research from a 2018 study suggests that rapamycin may have an effect on collagen metabolism. In some studies, rapamycin has been shown to influence the production and remodeling of collagen in a way that may be beneficial for certain connective tissue disorders or skin conditions characterized by abnormal collagen formation. However, it’s important to note that the effects of rapamycin on collagen can vary depending on the specific condition and the individual’s response to the medication.

The use of rapamycin for conditions related to misshapen collagen typically requires close medical supervision and consideration of potential risks and benefits. It is essential for individuals with such conditions to consult with healthcare providers to determine if rapamycin is a suitable treatment option and to ensure proper monitoring of its effects on collagen and overall health.