Is it safe to take LDN & Rapamycin together?

I was recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and I’m going to start taking LDN (Low dose naltrexone) for it. I know you’re not supposed to take Anti rejection drugs with LDN, although I’m not sure if 4mg weekly rapamycin counts as this. Any thoughts? I plan to stop the rapamycin for now but would love to be able to take both if there’s any evidence it’s safe.

2 Likes

I am taking LDN. I am interested if I can take them both also.

I’m interested too, as I’ve been taking LDN for 15 years for M.E/CFS and took rapamycin for 7 weeks last year without even considering whether it was safe to combine the two. I would have thought so, but if not then it’s worth finding out.

Hi John,

This is Shriya from the Healthspan Clinical Team. Low-dose naltrexone (LDN) and rapamycin operate through different mechanisms within the body. LDN is known for its immune-modulating effects, potentially reducing inflammation, while rapamycin inhibits the mTOR pathway, which is involved in cell growth and aging processes.

There is less research on specifically combining low-dose naltrexone (LDN) and rapamycin for any condition, including for longevity. However, there is significant research into the individual effects of these drugs.

Current understanding of each of these protocols’ pathways of action suggests that there is little to no interaction between LDN and rapamycin. This implies that when used together, they might not directly affect each other’s pharmacological actions or efficacy.

The idea of combining LDN and rapamycin for longevity and chronic inflammation is intriguing due to their complementary actions. We actually have several patients that take this combination of protocols and report positive effects.

If you have more questions about these protocols please feel free to reach out to us!

Best,
Shriya

1 Like

Thank you Shriya this was super helpful!!

1 Like

I have been taking both protocols for several weeks now with no side effects. I take LDN 4.5 mg daily and Rapamycin 5 mg once a week.

1 Like

Same here. 4.5 mg LDN daily, 5mg Rapamycin once weekly. No side effects.